Sea salt is one of those little touches that makes an every day dish extraordinary. When you see salt that is labeled “sea salt,” this means that it has been directly retrieved from the ocean. Because it is, the salt maintains more of the minerals that make it up, such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and iodine. It is therefore considered healthier than regular table salt and some would argue it maintains a much more natural and amazing taste.
Here are some tasty ways to use a variety of sea salts:
- Do you enjoy a savory shrimp dinner? This recipe features tiger prawns and sea salt.
- Serve them with a side of Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Sea Salt!
- How about a tasty green salad? But this time add some of our delicious Sel Gris Grey Sea Salt. It adds color, crunch and brings out the taste in every single vegetable in your salad. With taste like this, you can’t even believe you’re eating healthy.
- Dessert time! Add some sea salt to your chocolate and caramel mix and dip your favorite pretzel rod in it. Now you have your very own delicious homemade TWIX bar. Or how about these homemade chocolate covered caramels with sea salt? Yum!
- Cookies more your speed? How about these Brown Butter and Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Picky Palate blog?
- Ready for another dessert? I bet you didn’t know you could make ice cream using sea salt. Well, you can and it’s unbelievable. Check out this recipe here for yourself. Simple and delicious!
Sea salt is as natural as it sounds. It comes from the sea to enrich the foods you already love, and it also helps you create some new recipes that you and your family are bound to add to your list of favorites. Check out our entire line of gourmet sea salts from Demarle at Home. You’re sure to find some new favorites!
What’s your favorite way to use sea salt? Would love to read your recipes in the comments below!