May is here and this Sunday is a very special day…Mother’s Day. We all know that moms work twenty-four hours a day to do the very best they can for their families. This Mother’s Day, let your mom know how much you appreciate her as you treat her to something delicious. Wake her up to the smell of something delicious cooking downstairs.
Need help with some tasty, decadent and simple recipes to help you celebrate your mom? Check out these great ideas from some of our favorite food bloggers that will make your mom feel truly loved.
- From Real Mom Kitchen: Citrus-Berry Stuffed French Toast
- From In Jennie’s Kitchen: Asparagus & Creme Fraiche “Crepe”
- From Wenderly: Quiche Fit for a Queen
- From Bell’alimento: Strawberry Risotto
- From My Baking Addiction:Fruit and Cheese Kabobs
- From Namely Marly: Strawberry Smoothies
- From Eat, Live, Run: Homemade Chai Lattes
- From A Farm Girl’s Dabbles: Tres Leches Cake
- From i am baker: Vanilla Lemon Quote Cake
You might also decide to make mom some Blueberry Oven Cakes and Bacon, like Jon and his son Dominic demonstrate for you in this fun video, filmed in our home office kitchens! (Can’t see the video below? Click here.)
So is your mouth watering yet? These recipes yield a delicious breakfast and one very happy mom….yours. I plan on spoiling my mom with one or two of the recipes seen here along with a nice cup of instant decaf coffee with cream, no sugar. Doesn’t sound decadent, does it? But it is her morning beverage of choice and paying attention to the details in life is how we show those we care about our love. Put her favorites on her tray along with a new favorite recipe (or two!) that you find here (bound to become some of her new favorites) and you are showing her that you know her and you love her.
And by cooking with your kids, you’re creating memories that last a lifetime.
Happy Mother’s Day!